Garmin Descent MK2 Dive Computer
If you want a truly smart dive computer, then there is no question the Garmin Descent MK2 is the dive computer for you! Think high-end dive computer, smartwatch and fitness watch all rolled into one device with a shed load of extra features on top of that. The only thing it doesn't have is wireless air integration but if you want that all you have to do is opt for the Descent MK2i instead. If you don't want to have to own multiple devices just to enjoy the activities, you love then this is the smart choice.
Dive computer manufacturers have tried to bridge the gap between diving and everyday life with the watch style dive computer for many years but really all they have ever been just a small dive computer. The Garmin Descent MK1 was a big step forward with actually smartphone integration and a host of other features as well but Garmin have literally blown the competition away with the MK2. It really is an evolutionary step forward for dive computers.
The Garmin Descent MK2 does so much it is almost incomprehensible. As well as the normal recreational, technical and closed-circuit rebreather features you would expect in a high-end computer it also uses the built-in GPS to supplement your dive log information, when diving with the watch against your skin the heart rate and pulse Oxy sensors will also be recorded and used in your decompression calculations.
On land, it is a full-blown multi-sport watch with advanced training features, contact pay features, integration with music services, smart notifications and it has a phenomenal battery life. Install the Garmin smartphone app and desktop app and you'll benefit from the incredible support and update services that Garmin offers. Regular firmware updates continue to improve the function and features of the Descent MK2 long after you make your purchase
- Advanced, watch-style dive computer with 1.4” colour sunlight-readable display (36% larger than previous model) in an elegant yet rugged design
- Six dive modes as well as multi-GNSS support and ABC sensors —including an underwater compass —know every part of your dive from entry to exit
- Enhanced wrist-based heart rate and Pulse Ox sensing of blood oxygen saturation to support advanced sleep monitoring and altitude acclimation at high elevations
- Built-in support for multiple sports apps, activity tracking, advanced training features, Garmin Pay™ payment service, music storage with premium streaming service support, smart notifications for calls, texts and calendar alerts and more
- Dive log lets you store and review data from up to 200 dives right on your wrist and share and review dives in the Garmin Dive™ app downloaded to your compatible smartphone
- Battery life: up to 80 hours in dive mode, 16 days in smartwatch mode and 15 hours in GPS mode with music